Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

As a side note, let me add that:

-  DeMuDi is   much   more target-focused   than Debian,  which   is a
general-purpose distribution, something that DeMuDi  is not and is not
going to be.

- all the effort   that the DeMuDi project  will  put into creating  a
workable   infrastructure  for remote   cooperation will  be  put into
Debian, too, in the form of bug fixes, patches, more platform testing,
and so on.  I still  have to find a form  which is workable, because I
think DeMuDi will  have  some very  specific tweaks  which won't  find
their  way into Debian   (low-latency and preemptible kernel  for one,
metalog as  standard syslog mechanism as another)  and I don't want to
clutter Debian Developers with spurious bug reports.

With these two  conditions in mind,  I  think that DeMuDi can  benefit
from a debian-multimedia task  and  Debian  can benefit from   DeMuDi.
Right now the situation is of  course unbalanced, but maybe things can
change (and I'm working to make them change).

Anyway, I perfectly understand  your "act and  then speak" attitude as
far as the general DeMuDi infrastructure is concerned (much action has
gone into DeMuDi till now, it's just been poorly publicized) so I will
try to get things done and then come back later.

Bye,

andrea
--
Andrea Glorioso               andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it