Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

    rl> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 02:38:07PM -0400,
    rl> andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it wrote:
    >> If we decide that DeMuDi should live a life on its own (and
    >> there are many reasons why we could decide that way, some
    >> technical and some political, such as the fact the DeMuDi is an
    >> official European Project and as such has a number of
    >> responsibilities which Debian fortunately doesn't have) then a
    >> separate structure, both tecnical and ...

    rl> out of curiosity, what reponsibilities are there that could
    rl> make you not want to be a debian subproject? i have problems
    rl> making any possibilities up. (but then again the european
    rl> union is way better at that ;)

Schedules, first of all, which could force DeMuDi to release earlier
than Debian does.  Other partners of the project, which must be dealt
with.  These are the two first things I can come up with from the top
of my head.

This  doesn't    mean that Marco   and   Guenter  shouldn't set  up  a
subproject; doing that  "officially", as  DeMuDi, is simply  something
that must be thought about (and that I'm not banning at all).

Also, please note that having a "separate infrastructure" doesn't mean
that we  must fully  duplicate  Debian  structure  nor  that we   must
duplicate all Debian packages.  Right now what I  have in mind (thanks
to discussions  with  you,  too) is  keeping  track of   the  relevant
packages in unstable and keep our  releases distinct from debian ones.
Please see my reply to Raphael Hertzog for the discussion.

bye,

andrea
--
Andrea Glorioso               andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it