Re: DW quotes

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:01:26 -0700, Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 09:57:14AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:

   Our mission is not to reduce women to their
body. Our mission is, well... whatever our mission is, a man's
brain basically switches to low power consumption mode in the
presence of a raised hormone level. True to the spirit of Immanuel
Kant, we thus aren't inherently bad people because it's not our
intention to let them hormones take over and make us act like
animals.

It's rather brave of you to speak for all men in general, especially when I have seen some very tasteless, crude and crass comments *myself* just for being on IRC (not necessarily from guys within Debian, but I think part of that is my last name warding them off). There are somemen, indeed even in Debian, who believe that women are just that -available for reproduction purposes to "fulfill their debts andobligations to society".

 There always will be, as long as there is a good supply of women who
will procreate with them.  It is nice to be on the moral high ground,
but those poor doormats are on the reproductive high ground.

 However, the assholes can be marginalised if a majority of the guys
consider it really important and worthwhile.  Sufficiently worthwhile
to accept whatever the fallout might be, that is.

And while you may not be inherently bad people because it's not your
intention to let "them" hormones take over and make you act like animals,
you are *still* responsible for your actions and what you say. Giving an
excuse like hormones just gives an excuse for the behavior.

 Men should never use that excuse.  Pulling a "the hormones made me do it"
after acting irrationally and silly is traditionally reserved for women.
*ducks*

<serious>It's a lame excuse, no matter the gender.</serious>

It does nothing to fix it and force "you" to live civilly and platonically with women.

 On one hand I feel like praising the virtue of living platonically
with women, while on the other hand I get a sense of over-compensating...

 Is there a #debian-hormones channel, where the lewd cavem... er, the
non-platonists can migrate?  Lest the feromones be banished from Debian
altoghether, I mean.

--
Herman Robak
herman at skolelinux no