Re: DW quotes

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 21:43 -0400, Erinn Clark wrote:
> - How the project has helped you
> - How it's different/better than other groups you've been associated
>   with (or maybe even worse, it's not like we don't need to improve...)
> - How it's affected your view of Debian as a whole (especially helpful
>   coming from newcomers, but also good from old-timers)

Cut/paste/edit/splurge, whatever. I have no shame.

The good:

After getting involved with Debian Women, all of the sudden Debian
wasn't just an OS anymore - it was a group of people. (Awesome people.)
It's amazing to be able to look at the maintainer field of a package and
say "I know that person!"

The cheesy:

Thanks to the people of Debian Women, I've found what I am 99% sure that
I would love to be involved in forever - and it's changed my life,
views, college considerations, and potential career path.

[true story]

The bad:

Oh wait... quick, somebody do something quote-worthy for here!

And the amusing:

How many people can say that in two months they've gotten involved in a
world-spanning project, learned a ton of new things, and now have
multiple good acquaintances on three continents that would take you off
the street and split their last dollar to feed you -- all without being
flamed in the process?

(hopefully we've covered all angles here...)

--
"All that glitters is not gold; not all those that wander are lost."
        J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

blog: http://frisia.middle-earth.us/