Re: DW quotes

* martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2005:06:16 18:10 +0200]:
> A question for the women who have had enough exposure to the pre-DW
> Debian community: were incidences of males coming on to you
> a regular thing, or rather the exception?

That depends how far you extend the word "community" -- eg, #debian may
be part of the "community" and holy crap, yes, lots of flirting, sexual
harassment, and general Bad Behavior. While lots of people don't count
#debian because they "know" it's a cesspool, it's still an entry point
for many people (including myself), just like mailing lists are...

Anyway, as far as the developers go, they've been.. um, pretty
well-behaved, overall. There were plenty of "omg ur a girl?!?!" comments
for me early on (and maybe for others as well), but I think at this
point, everyone's so used to having women around that they don't
even do a double take.

I wouldn't say it's the exception though. It was regular enough. More
common than blatant flirtation or whatever is the nice guys who just
want to be friends. :)

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide