Re: DW quotes

On 16/06/2005, at 12:39 AM, martin f krafft wrote:

I am. I *like* Ubuntu and DW; I would simply appreciate if people
remembered accurately what they're here for. This is not to say that
you did not, Christine, nor that anyone else did not. It's really
just a piece of advocacy that wanted to get out of my fingertips to
the keyboard to the mailer to the Net to you. Sometimes this urge is
just hard to resist. :)

<starts saving up for a pair of handcuffs for Martin>

I didn't post my comments on the list, didn't know if that was OK, so here they are:

"I think this is the first place in OSS where people haven't assumed I'm a man."

"Somewhere where you can be a lateral thinker, and not have to number each step for the men."

"Somewhere I don't have to explain myself all the time."

"The first place I was invited to join just as myself, and not for what I can do."

"Somewhere it isn't "freaky" to be a geekchick."

"Somewhere I won't be asked for sex in the middle of a technical discussion."

You may have any and all of those, and please do quote me. ;)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc