Re: Unable to install custom package using defined dependency version

On May 27, 2017 3:48 PM, "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
On Sat 27 May 2017 at 13:51:01 (-0500), Sijis Aviles wrote:
> On May 26, 2017 7:09 PM, I wrote:
>
>> cpp-4.8 and gcc-4.8,
>> python2.7-minimal and python2.7,
>> python3-minimal and python3,
>> etc.
>>
>  Ahh, I didn't realize you suggested to make the package name include the
> version (eg my-app-1.0.5).
>
> That's an interesting approach I didn't think about.
>
> Related, but how do other places do "nightly" build of their packages.

I don't know what they are.

I just thought about this.

I've been uploading these packages under the 'main' component name. What if I uploaded the packages under a 'nightly-$(date)' component name instead? In theory if I have my sources.list setup right, the my-app and app-configs would need to change their package name to include the version. It would also mean that they only find each other, right?

I haven't tested this theory out.

Sijis