Re: buying ssl certificate

Hello,

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 10:04:42PM +0000, kc atgb wrote:
> I will have to buy/renew some certificates we have at my job.
>
> There are a certain number of certificates providers. The question I have is which one do I have to consider ?

Domain-validated (i.e. they just check you can receive email at the
domain, or that you can put something int eh domain's DNS) TLS
certificates are all pretty much the same.

Your worst case scenario is that the certificate authority is found
to be hopelessly insecure and is distrusted by one or more major
browsers.

I suggest it is worth your time to get letsencrypt automation
working and just use those, for free.

If you need extended validation for some reason then the costs will
vary, pick any big name. You'd probably know what to do already if
this were a requirement though.

> Recently came to the market some lowcoast ssl certificate providers. Or free ssl providers. What do you think about them ?

I think the best of the free ones is letsencrypt.

Cheers,
Andy