Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Ron Johnson wrote:
> Steve doesn't *want* to understand.

    Er, I don't?  I think I made it quite clear that I understand all too well
what does go on when people get ahold of that book and take it as literal
truth.  Since I view it as a poorly written work of fiction what concerns me
is not the intent of the author(s) from thousands of years ago but the lengths
by which its adherents today screw up the world while somehow claiming the
moral high ground.

    For every person who talks about a "proper Christian" or the "correct
interpretation" I just remember that people like WBC feel they are proper and
have the correct interpretation.

    For every proclamation of love for one's fellow man follows scores of acts
of intolerance, intellectual laziness, greed, doubletalk and a few shares of
violence.  I understand that those are not the exceptions to the rule; they
*are* the rule.  They *are* the expression of the proper ideology because
every damn one of those people can cite to me, chapter and verse, just as
Roberto has, why they will pick the bits they picks and ignore the rest.