Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Steve Lamb wrote:
> 2: Cain's wife is his unnamed and unmentioned sister.

That's my take.

Gen. 5:4 -- After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons
and daughters.

> Idle curiosity, do you have a daughter?  If so have you offered her up
> for gang rape like Job did?

Job offered his daughter up for gang rape? I'm unfamiliar with that.

Perhaps you mean Lot (Gen 19)? And there were some extenuating
circumstances. I'm not arguing that Lot was righteous in what he did,
but it is somewhat understandable. But it's certainly never presented as
an example of "proper Biblical behavior", so I'm not sure why you would
imply that it is, unless you're just caught up in the heat of the
argument, trying to score a point.

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>