Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:08:02PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > Which is precisely why God wrote the Bible and not us.  If we did, the
> > important parts would be left out.
>
>     Really?  Then you know what question you should be asking?  Where are the
> other gospels the church, men, not God, has decided not to put into the book?
>  Wasn't the latest hulabuloo about the one from Judas?

I don't get the question.  God decides what is and is not his word.
Lots of people have claimed to write in the name of God.

> > Oooh.  Good way to miss the point.  The Bible tells us what God thinks
> > is important.  If it's not in there, then God obviously did not think it
> > was important.
>
>     Blinders, nothing more.

In what way?  If you get a comp sci text book, you can reasonably asume
that if something is not in it, the *author* did not think it was
particularly important to the topic at hand.

> > Umm, God did not play practical joke on Job.  God fixed up Job's pride
> > problem and in the process played a practical joke on Satan, and also
> > dealt with Job's friends.
>
>     Yeahhhh, except for that whole God won't dissemble until it came to Job.

That word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

> > Ummm, Lot took the course of action he did because he was trying to
> > protect the two angels.  The moral is to be prepared to sacrifice your
> > family for the cause of God.  Whether the sacrifice be literal or
> > figurative, God is more important.
>
>     Gang-rape is gang-rape.  I thought we were supposed to love our friends
> and family while we're hating them.  Er, wait...

You obviously don't understand.  Explaining it further obviously won't
help either.  Suffice it to say that the *point* is to love God above
all else.

> > I have answered them.  You just choose to ignore.
>
>     Nope, still waiting on the exact number of sabbath breakers you have killed.

As I and others have explained, that no longer applies.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez