Re: Debian Installation on a cybercafe PC

Deboo ^ wrote:
Hello,
I need to use linux when out of office. Is there a way to remove it once I install Debian on to a PC with Windoze (2000/XP)? It should get removed even from the OS menu. If that is possible, please explain how to go about it.

are you asking "Is there a way to completely remove a Debian installation from a PC?" ?

Atleast that is what I'm able to understand so answering for that. If the question is something else, could you clarify.

Anyway, 'yes' you can completely remove a debian installation from a PC. (It's heresy to do so though ;))

You'll need to do 2 things

1. restore the windoze MBR.
there might be other ways but this is one of the type of my head for the rest google :).
   use a Windoze install disk to boot into rescue mode and run 'fixmbr'

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/bootcons_fixmbr.mspx?mfr=true

2. Delete the Linux partition
this I'm supposing you'd know howto as you managed to set up a dual boot environment. Just use your favourite tool .. "Partitionmagic(windoze)" / "Parted(*nix)". or I might have missed some but again 'Google' for "partitioning tools" will get you somewhere.

Hope that helps,
-Vibhav Sharma