Re: [SOLVED] setting-up a dmz

Franck Joncourt <joncourt_franck@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
| mess-mate wrote:
| > Hi list,
|
| Hi,
|
|  > A '/etc/init.d/networking start' give an error about eth2:
| > eth2: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device.
| >

| What about dmesg | grep eth2 ? Does it give to you more information on
| the interface ? Are you sure, eth2 is used by your card. I mean, it may
| be possible that this one is used by another ressource.
|
| > The 'lsmod' give : mii 5536  via_rhine, 8139too, 3c59x
| > The 3 cards works.
| >
| > The internet connection seems on (checked syslog).
| > but can't establish a connection 'links www.debian.org' nor from any
| > other workstation.
| >
| > What did i wrong ??
| >

| --
If it can help some:
Udev has selected and attributed the cards.
So eth2 was named eth0 in /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules.
A little change and eth2 was up.
Thanks to all for your help.
best regards
mess-mate
--

Your motives for doing whatever good deed you may have in mind will be
misinterpreted by somebody.