Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Why does it matter?  If it was important, God would have put it in the
> Bible.  Since it is not there, we can rest assured that it is not
> important.

    It's not important.  That's convenient.  No wonder you see no
contradiction in the Bible.  Why is it important?  If the first humans were
Adam and Eve and they had 2 sons, Cain and Abel who or what did Cain take as a
wife in Genesis 4:17, "And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare
Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name
of his son, Enoch."

    Let's list the entire human population according to the Bible at that
point.  Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel (deceased).  1 woman, 3 men.  There are all of 3
possibilities here.

1: Cain's wife is Eve.

2: Cain's wife is his unnamed and unmentioned sister.

3: There were more humans around than just Adam and Eve.

    You ask how it is important?  I ask how it is *not* important given the
later prohibition against laying with one's mother or sister or the fact that
if Adam and Eve weren't the only humans they certainly weren't the *first*
humans.  So either the Bible is contradicting itself or lying.

    But your question proves my point about the facts being there and you
dismissing them.  Here's a crucial problem within the first pages of the book
and instead of looking at it, questioning it, acknowledging it what was your
response?

    "Since it is not there, we can rest assured it is not important."  You
dismissed it.

> I have.  You clearly have not.

    Really?  Who's Cain's wife?  How many sabbath breakers have you killed
today?  Idle curiosity, do you have a daughter?  If so have you offered her up
for gang rape like Job did?  Do you hate your mother and father and, indeed,
your own life?

> I know I don't know all the answers.

    Really, then why don't you ask questions?