Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 06:36:46PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > You are apparently confused.  Whether *you* choose to admit it or not,
> > God is control.  I am not, you are not, the false gods in which many
> > choose to believe are not.  The God of the Bible is.
>     We rest our case.
> > That is not a contradiction.  The Genealogy of Christ is *not* foolish.
> > Trusting in your own genealogy to give you salvation *is* foolish.
>     Uhm, the genealogies in question were not of Jesus.  But hey, if you want
> to talk about his Genealogy I have a question, where did Cain's wife come
> from?  Just asking.
Why does it matter?  If it was important, God would have put it in the
Bible.  Since it is not there, we can rest assured that it is not

> > Welcome to the age of grace:
>     Sorry, already addressed this.  Jesus already said God's law is perfect
> and unless you follow his laws, all of them, you do not get into heaven.
> Cherry picking does not get you around that.
Of course, God's law is perfect.  The OT law was *fulfilled* by Christ,
freeing the NT saints from having to fulfill it.

Matthew 5

  17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not
come to destroy, but to fulfil.

> > Again, read the scriptures before you spout off about things and look
> > foolish in front of everyone.
>     Please, you read them.  Most people who admonish others to read them have
> not themselves read most of them.
I have.  You clearly have not.

> > I guess the word dispensation doesn't mean anything to you?
>     What I believe is irrelevant.  What *you* believe is because you are the
> one that said if the Bible says it, you believe it.  The bible says to kill
> those who break the sabbath.  So, again, how many have you killed today.
> We're running out of time.
Again, Christ fulfilled the OT law.

> > His point was that we cannot make ourselves righteous.
>     And here I thought the lord could nod dissemble.

> > I'm guessing that you don't believe in the laws of thermodynamics then?
>     I do within a certain frame.  Remember, Newtownian Physics worked fine
> until Einstein came along.  And there is the difference between religion and
> science; Religion thinks it has all the answers and refuses to look.  Science
> knows it doesn't and continues to look and disprove itself.  Which is why
> we're on this threadline at all.  As a Theist you believe you know all the
> answers.  I know I don't and I know you don't, either.
I know I don't know all the answers.

Isaiah 55

  8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith
the LORD.
  9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than
your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Roberto C. Sanchez