Re: Newbie installation questions

> You could send the log here. There are simple command line tools for
> sending mail. Not sure how they can handle attachments. But something
> like this could work:
>
> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | mail -s 'Newbie installation questions'
> debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
 I probably won't be able to send mail directly, being on a dynamic IP
 it tends to be blacklisted.

> Before you try that... One possible reason for X problems like yours
> is KMS, Kernel Mode Setting. To disable it, you could try to create
> the file /etc/modprobe.d/radeon-kms.conf with following contents:
>
> options radeon modeset=0
>
> The name 'radeon' is the name of the kernel module ('lsmod') loaded
> for your graphics card. It may be something else in your case.

Right, I tried that with 'r128' instead of 'radeon', instead of
white-stripey frozen screen I got 'debian -root#' with a non-flashing
cursor frozen screen.
Attached: Xorg.0.log from the first attempt (white stripey screen)
Xorg.1.log from after creating /etc/modprobe.d/r128-kms.conf (frozen
root prompt)
X-config0.log and X-config1.log from running 'X -configure'.
TIA
GD

                          love email again