Re: Newbie installation questions

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014, at 07:26 AM, Risto Suominen wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> The partitions are fine.
>
> The first prompt if ofboot (Open Firmware), where you can choose
> between partitions: Linux and OS X. The second one is yaboot, where
> you can type 'Linux 1' to get into single user mode prompt.
>
> Risto
 Thanks Risto, I started from the beginning anyway and installed without
 a Desktop Environment.
I can now boot into the command line and login.
Is there any way to install Gnome now in a way that allows me to debug
any problems - starting it from the command line and being able to
escape back into a shell perhaps?

> 2014/1/21, Geoff Down <geoffdown@fastmail.net>:
> > PS I also get 'Disk unreadable' errors in OSX since it can't see disk0's
> > filesystem - but that's a minor irritation (will an /etc/fstab entry fix
> > that?)
> >
> I doubt it.
   It did!
GD