Re: HELP!! Criticle Xserver errors
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: debian-powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: HELP!! Criticle Xserver errors
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:05:19 +0200
- Message-id: <1090281919.29752.70.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <1090167344.1040.44.camel@localhost>
- References: <1089178307.988.20.camel@localhost> <40EB8B8E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1089187560.1851.3.camel@localhost> <20040707082018.GE22013@power.luon.net> <1089219439.1116.57.camel@localhost> <20040707171613.GE16036@bogon.ms20.nix> <1089225056.1116.95.camel@localhost> <1089225771.1433.107.camel@arakis> <1089229787.1107.102.camel@localhost> <1089231795.1429.133.camel@arakis> <1089259772.1728.6.camel@localhost> <1089265230.1611.3.camel@localhost> <1089308840.1665.4.camel@arakis> <1089329147.889.9.camel@localhost> <1089376066.30104.47.camel@localhost> <1089430370.1987.12.camel@localhost> <1089659075.1026.3.camel@localhost> <1089803551.2125.13.camel@localhost> <1089808115.24624.35.camel@localhost> <1089812818.4851.53.camel@localhost> <1089883162.11239.5.camel@localhost> <1090167344.1040.44.camel@localhost>
On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 09:15 -0700, Adam Done wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 02:19, Michel DXnzer wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 06:46 -0700, Adam Done wrote:
> > >
> > > The server starts, the Apple22" cinema display power light goes from
> > > green to amber and then stays amber with a blank xserver screen.
> > Hmm. Maybe it's just a mode issue then? Is the r128 driver trying to use
> > the same mode as the fbdev driver?
> I got the xserver to work again..
With the r128 driver?
> but this does bring up a question. Do the modes make a difference in
> using the drivers? I have tried this without any modes listed and had
> xserver find a match on its own and also I put my modes into the config
> file. I never thought the modes made a difference.
They can, of course.
> I looked at the prices for the RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB AGP for my box and
> it looks like it will be a good idea to get out of the rage128 chipset.
I hope you're aware that Radeon >= 9500 means no 3D support for now...
Earthling Michel Dänzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer