Re: HELP!! Criticle Xserver errors
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: debian-powerpc <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: HELP!! Criticle Xserver errors
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:28:35 +0200
- Message-id: <1089808115.24624.35.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <1089803551.2125.13.camel@localhost>
- References: <1089178307.988.20.camel@localhost> <40EB8B8E.email@example.com> <1089187560.1851.3.camel@localhost> <20040707082018.GE22013@power.luon.net> <1089219439.1116.57.camel@localhost> <20040707171613.GE16036@bogon.ms20.nix> <1089225056.1116.95.camel@localhost> <1089225771.1433.107.camel@arakis> <1089229787.1107.102.camel@localhost> <1089231795.1429.133.camel@arakis> <1089259772.1728.6.camel@localhost> <1089265230.1611.3.camel@localhost> <1089308840.1665.4.camel@arakis> <1089329147.889.9.camel@localhost> <1089376066.30104.47.camel@localhost> <1089430370.1987.12.camel@localhost> <1089659075.1026.3.camel@localhost> <1089803551.2125.13.camel@localhost>
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 04:12 -0700, Adam Done wrote:
> I have been trying to get dri working on my box and really have messed
> up the xserver. I installed and been trying to use the dri-trunk and
> the ati driver. See what the screen output for using dri and trunk. NOw
> I can't even start my xserver even with the fbdev driver.
As I told you before, xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk doesn't ship the fbdev
driver. You'd have to use XFree86.nodri-trunk or uninstall xserver-
xfree86-dri-trunk to use it.
> The ati at least starts up but hangs [...]
Might be related to the DRI, try disabling it for now by commenting out
the Load "dri" line.
> # lsmod
> Module Size Used by Not tainted
> r128 100948 0
> mga 106020 0 (unused)
BTW, the mga DRM is useless for you, you couldn't have loaded it in the
first place with a 2.6 kernel or the DRM built from drm-trunk-module-
> agpgart 18060 1
AGP was traditionally unstable on r128. If the X server starts up with
the DRI disabled, try not loading agpgart or Option "ForcePCIMode" in X.
If that also works, you can try a 2.6 kernel or the DRM built from drm-
trunk-module-src with AGP.
> Screen output for ati driver
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Tue Jul 13 23:13:06 2004
Excerpts from the log file would be more useful in the future.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer