Re: HELP!! Criticle Xserver errors
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: debian-powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: HELP!! Criticle Xserver errors
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:19:22 +0200
- Message-id: <1089883162.11239.5.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <1089812818.4851.53.camel@localhost>
- References: <1089178307.988.20.camel@localhost> <40EB8B8E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1089187560.1851.3.camel@localhost> <20040707082018.GE22013@power.luon.net> <1089219439.1116.57.camel@localhost> <20040707171613.GE16036@bogon.ms20.nix> <1089225056.1116.95.camel@localhost> <1089225771.1433.107.camel@arakis> <1089229787.1107.102.camel@localhost> <1089231795.1429.133.camel@arakis> <1089259772.1728.6.camel@localhost> <1089265230.1611.3.camel@localhost> <1089308840.1665.4.camel@arakis> <1089329147.889.9.camel@localhost> <1089376066.30104.47.camel@localhost> <1089430370.1987.12.camel@localhost> <1089659075.1026.3.camel@localhost> <1089803551.2125.13.camel@localhost> <1089808115.24624.35.camel@localhost> <1089812818.4851.53.camel@localhost>
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 06:46 -0700, Adam Done wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 05:28, Michel DXnzer wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 04:12 -0700, Adam Done wrote:
> I Tried all manor of combinations
> With & without
> trunk DRM (which I had installed and then tried it without)
> Option "ForcePCIMode"
> The results were all the same... The server starts, the Apple22" cin
> display power light goes from green to amber and then stays amber with a
> blank xserver screen.
Hmm. Maybe it's just a mode issue then? Is the r128 driver trying to use
the same mode as the fbdev driver?
> Would the 2.6 kernel work with the r128 chipset or should I just forgo
> and get a newer/better graphics card. I would like to make this one
> work as much as possible and later on can spend the$$ on a new card.
I wouldn't expect a new card to do miracles either, but it's true that
the radeon drivers are much more mature than the r128 ones.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer