Re: Playing DVDs on Debian

> > include your XF86Config-4 as an attachment please.
> >
> > Hopefully this is the case:
> > For 2.4 series (not sure for 2.6) you need the danzer dri trunk packages
> > for dri.
> >
> > If this is the case put this in your sources list:
> >
> > deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid ./
> >
> > apt-get update and apt-get install xlibmesa-gl1-dri-trunk
> > xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk drm-trunk-module-src
> >
> > go to /usr/src and tar -xvf drm-trunk.tar.gz
> >
> > Go into your kernel-source directory (if you don't have one we can work
> > around this)
> >
> > if you have kernel-package installed you should be able to:
> >
> > make-kpkg modules_image
> >
> > to get an installable drm-modules deb appropriate for your kernel.
> >
> > Then make sure that agpgart and radeon (or whatever your cards module
> > is) are loaded, in that order and restart x.  Hopefully this will get
> > dri working.
>

> Ok.. I installed the module package and then inmod mga and r128.. now.. I can't even restart the xserver.. I tried changing my drivers in XFree86-4 config file and now it is unworkable.  I will look over what I have done but so far.. i have unloaded the mga r128 modules and fiddled with my xserver drivers.  Nothing yet. I wonder if after all this time I have been working with an unaccelerated xserver.

XFree86 errors
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4"
Skipping
"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_clip.o": No symbols found
Skipping
"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_norm.o":  No symbols found
Skipping
"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_xform.o":  No symbols found
Skipping
"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/fonts/libspeedo.a:spencode.o":  No
symbols found
(EE) Failed to load module "fbdev" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) No drivers available.

This is the same output if i use r128 driver and witheach _drm and _dri
appeneded to each driver.