Re: Playing DVDs on Debian

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 10:16, Guido Guenther wrote:
On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:57:19AM -0700, Adam wrote:
> I installed the mplayer-G4 version.  It works but is very very choppy
> and sounds has a repeating nick to the sound.  Now I can also use ogle
> but it too is very choppy.  Is there a way to watch without the
> jerkyness?
I'm playing DVDs without problem with that package, what kind of machine
is that, again? You're using oss for ao? Did you add autosync=30 to your
mplayer configuration? Are you using xv as vo?
Cheers,
 -- Guido

I am using a 400mHz G4 with a 800mHz processor on a 22" Apple orignal flatpanel monitor.

vo=x11

I tried other vo settings but this was the only one which does not freez up mplayer

ao=alsa1x

I also put autosync=38 and still it acts the same... it is like it is playing soooooooo slow

-adam