Re: status update of ocaml 3.06 testing transition.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 02:46:18PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> >   o postpone the libdir migration to the sucessfull testing migration.
> >   o do a libdir migrated ocaml package in experimental.
>
> Uhm ... as you wish maybe is better to fix the current situations (see
> above) and then, after a stable 'unstable' status :-), go for the libdir
> migration ignoring testing issues.

Another more radical solution would be to introduce the libdir change,
and that everyone rebuilds their package quickly. The dependency stuff
will ensure that nobody will break their ocaml install, the packages
will just be on hold. And if we rebuild quickly, then it will not be a
big problem anyway, and it will encourage people to rebuild their libs
quickly.