[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: status update of ocaml 3.06 testing transition.

Sven Luther wrote:

Hello all, ...


That said, there is an alternative, which we can use if the situation
continues like that for a long duration, and that would be to ask for
the removal of Stefano's libpgsql (or whatever, i never remember the
name of this one) package from testing. If we were to do this, and the
package would be removed in timely fashion, then all ocaml stuff would
enter testing the next day, and the libpgsql library will enter testing
the day after postgresql becomes a valid candidate.

This course of action would cause problem if :

 o Stefano thinks it is a bad idea :)))

 o Someone following testing is really using libpgsql on an arch where
   postgresql is not built (sparc i think). The case where he does on
   i386 could simply be solved by installing the unstable version of
   postgresql and libpgsql.

So, what do you think about this plans ? Do we wait (a few more days) or
do we ask for the removal of libpgsql from testing ? I think it is
stefano who has to take the decision about this, based on what he sees
best for the libpgsql users.

I second this proposal. I was about to propose it today.
The idea would be to temporarily remove ocaml-pgsql from unstable, then
wait for ocaml to enter testing and finally reupload ocaml-pgsql in unstable.
I don't know whether it is possible to do it without completely remove the
package from both testing and unstable. So, better ask ftpmasters.
If you have access to IRC, ask neuro, elmo or aj: it is always faster to
contact them directly.


Reply to: