[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: status update of ocaml 3.06 testing transition.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 02:46:18PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I was AFK yesteday and, obviously, you start discussing important
> things the same day :-)

yes, we noticed :)

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:58:06AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I was looking at the postgresql dependencies, (perl 5.8 is not yet in
> > testing for example) and noticed that libc6 2.3.1 is not yet in testing
> > also, and has a page full of bugs (13 release critical, many arches out
> > of sync because of bugs, ...).
> Yuuuuh-uhhhhhh!!! :)

Erm, 3 of them were solved in the -4 upload, perl 5.8 seems ok, so
basically we are waiting for the libc6 situation to clear itself.

of the remaining 10, it should well be possible that many are already
fixed but not closed (notably the glibc s390 patch one), and 4 or 5 are
the same bug, which could be solved with a apache rebuild, i think.

> > Ocaml 3.06 depends on libc6 2.3.1 (since i had to rebuild ocaml for the
> > new libc6 because it introduced incompatibilities), as does postgresql,
> > so altough we sovled our problems, there is no hope of a quick testing
> > migration, we have to change our plans, here are a few options :
> >   o suspend the mini-freeze, and continue to work as we did.
> I definitely agree, regarding mine packages: netclient is broken cause
> it wasn't rebuilt after ocamlnet, pxp needs an upgrade that solved many
> bugs, pcre needs an upgrade, ...

Mmm, i don't really know about this, there will be a bug squashing party
this coming WE, maybe the situation will have changed then.

Mmm, thinking about it more, just upload the stuff, we can wait 10 more
days or so, but then, best do it quickly.

> >   o postpone the libdir migration to the sucessfull testing migration.
> >   o do a libdir migrated ocaml package in experimental.
> Uhm ... as you wish maybe is better to fix the current situations (see
> above) and then, after a stable 'unstable' status :-), go for the libdir
> migration ignoring testing issues.

Ok, i don't have time right now anyway.


Sven Luther

Reply to: