[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: status update of ocaml 3.06 testing transition.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:03:57AM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> >Hello all, ...
> > 
> >
> Hello,
> >That said, there is an alternative, which we can use if the situation
> >continues like that for a long duration, and that would be to ask for
> >the removal of Stefano's libpgsql (or whatever, i never remember the
> >name of this one) package from testing. If we were to do this, and the
> >package would be removed in timely fashion, then all ocaml stuff would
> >enter testing the next day, and the libpgsql library will enter testing
> >the day after postgresql becomes a valid candidate.
> >
> >This course of action would cause problem if :
> >
> > o Stefano thinks it is a bad idea :)))
> >
> > o Someone following testing is really using libpgsql on an arch where
> >   postgresql is not built (sparc i think). The case where he does on
> >   i386 could simply be solved by installing the unstable version of
> >   postgresql and libpgsql.
> >
> >So, what do you think about this plans ? Do we wait (a few more days) or
> >do we ask for the removal of libpgsql from testing ? I think it is
> >stefano who has to take the decision about this, based on what he sees
> >best for the libpgsql users.
> >
> I second this proposal. I was about to propose it today.
> The idea would be to temporarily remove ocaml-pgsql from unstable, then
> wait for ocaml to enter testing and finally reupload ocaml-pgsql in 
> unstable.

No, i don't think this would be a nive thing, there is no reason for
removing it from unstable, and i think the removal from unstable or
testing takes the same action/time.

> I don't know whether it is possible to do it without completely remove the
> package from both testing and unstable. So, better ask ftpmasters.
> If you have access to IRC, ask neuro, elmo or aj: it is always faster to
> contact them directly.

Mmm, ok i will.

But then, i will not do it unless we get the green light from stefano.

But then, i just wrote to the postgresql maintainer, asking him what is
going on. Maybe there will be a postgresql resolution soon.


Sven Luther

Reply to: