versioned libraries dependencies

I propose to add versioned dependencies between libraries like those
between libraries and the ocaml compiler/interpreter.

e.g.:
- pxp build depends on ocamlnet
- netclient build depends on ocamlnet

rebuilding a new version of ocamlnet will cause pxp to become unusable
(mitical "inconsistent assumption over bla bla" error) if it will not be
rebuilt against the new ocamlnet package.

IMO the right solution is to have each ocaml library provide a versioned
name (e.g. libocamlnet-ocaml-dev will provide
libocamlnet-ocaml-dev-0.94) and the dependent libraries to build depens
_and_ depend on it to avoid linking problems.

So I propose to patch the ocaml packaging policy adding to it a
statement regarding this.

Two still open problems are:
- can rebuilding a library changing only debian stuff (i.e. bumping only
  debian revision number) force the rebuilding of libraries depending on
  it? IOW when the md5sum of a library changes, only when the .cm* stuff
  itself changes or can it change also when, for example, the ocamlc
  compiler has been rebuilt?
- do we need this kind of stuff also for library shipping .sos or not?
  (i.e. do we need to put a Provide field also on non -dev packages?)

I volunteer to patch the ocaml packaging policy after some agreement on
this.

If no one (or 'noone'?) objects I will try this stuff on next releases
of ocamlnet, pxp, netclient.

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney