Re: removal of svenl from the project

Having been invoked twice now in this thread, I feel compelled to comment.
I guess that seems to be a common enough weakness in this community, right?
In this case, I feel it's justified to reply to you because you really don't
seem to get why people have a problem with your behavior, and I think you
deserve a chance to understand those reasons and remedy that behavior.

I'm also posting it to the mailing list, because I think it's worthwhile to
reflect on how these points apply to each of us, in order to be more
responsible participants in this community.

I have no interest in discussing the expulsion process itself here.  But let
me be clear, Sven:  I enjoy working with most developers in Debian; for the
most part, I enjoy working with any developer who isn't totally incompetent.
But I don't enjoy working with you, because your competence does not
outweigh your consistent personalizing of disagreements.  Andres approached
me about supporting his request for expulsion before he sent the (public,
inappropriate) mail that started this stupid thread, and I was unwilling to
give him that support because I'm uncomfortable with arbitrary punishments
for unspecified crimes and because I believe that anyone capable of
mastering Debian packaging is also capable of learning to work together in a
community.  But it is in fact my belief that your behavior is sufficiently
destructive that if the choice was between taking the good with the bad, or
having you leave, I would honestly choose for you to leave.

I feel awful about writing that, because I know how it would feel if someone
wrote that about me.  But it's the truth, and I don't see any reason that it
*needs* to be true.  So if you really do want to work together with this
community (which I believe you do), please listen to and consider what I
have to say, instead of looking for ways to blame the behaviors I'm
describing on the people around you -- because telling me how much you think
*I* suck isn't going to persuade me of anything.

First of all, what is this?