Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Tom wrote:

> Why don't you just move autodetection into the main kernel or driver trees?
I do not want autodetection on my Debian installation on a certain box
because it makes no sense for me.  If I change hardware I know what I'm doing
and I know what I will have to change.

I live CD is different:  You never know on which machine it will be used.
That's why anecessary here.

> I don't see why it needs to be this complicated...
It's not complicated - it's just different.

Kind regards

        Andreas.