Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 08:07:16AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
[snip]
> ..  But currently Debian is missing
> something: We have no brain dead method to create a user customized CD
> with really good auto detection. ..
[snip]

What things are autodetected by Knoppix and its ilk?
What things are not autodetected?

What things are autodetected in "compatibility mode", i.e. will likely
require configuration tweaks for maximum performance?

What things are so easy to autodetect that they are "just right every
time"?

What's the ratio of things in each category?

Why don't you just move autodetection into the main kernel or driver trees?

I don't see why it needs to be this complicated...