Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Why do I tell you this?
This is easy to tell: It's absolutely on topic.

> Debian will soon have Debix to make transparent live CDs. All you have
> to worry is getting the autodetection and autoconfiguration into
> policy conform debs that makes your live CD so great. Once you can
I'm not keen on the name Knoppix.  But we have to move all the nice
auto-detection stuff of Knoppix into this build system.  Moreover there
might be some help in preconfiguration of desktop etc, which is more
or less done in Knoppix (or Gnoppix for Gnome).  People might say that
some stuff in Knoppix might violate Debian policy.  But I see no direct
relevance of Debian policy for a derived LiveCD as long as the
preparation is done in a clean chroot ... and this violation is
necessary / makes sense.

Kind regards

          Andreas.