On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 01:53:44AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > So I guess the question is which is the greater priority.  Do we sacrifice
> > the needs of our users in order to serve Free Software, or do we sacrifice
> > (well, nothing) in order to serve our users?
>
> This is a gross mischaracterization of the argument.  For one thing, the
> social costs of maintaining non-free have already been presented at
> length.

The only "social cost" that I've seen semi-effectively argued so far is that
"some people think non-free is part of Debian".  I've yet to see a compelling
argument as to why the remedy for this particular problem is to remove
non-free from our archive.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>