On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 08:41:59PM -0500, Matej Cepl wrote:

> That's exactly my point -- which free program should I use when I
> want to listen to RealPlayer only radio stations (www.wgbh.org,

Why is removing non-free going to have any impact whatsoever on your
RealPlayer?  You can still install and use it just like you can now.

> Until some better solution than the sacrifice is ready in the
> stable version, I will vote for keeping non-free in Debian. BTW,

NON-FREE IS NOT IN DEBIAN NOW.

This GR, therefore, DOES NOT remove non-free from Debian.  It was never
there.

Please understand the issues before voting.

> which list should I subscribe (with lower amount of emails) to be
> informed, when the voting will occur? I definitively want to vote
> against, but the amount of emails here is slightly too much for
> me.

Matej, please take a second to look into the issues so you can cast an
informed vote.

My proposal will not remove your ability to use RealPlayer or any other
non-free software.

My proposal will not remove your ability to get RealPlayer as a .deb.

My proposal will not even effect RealPlayer -- it's not even IN non-free;
it's in CONTRIB!  Clause B of my proposal states in strong language that the
GR does NOT mandate the removal of contrib!