Re: Woody release - WHAT is current status

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 03:30:22AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:09:21AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:33:25PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > There is always an "us" and "rest". There's the people who're knowledgable
> > > and motivated enough to fix something and those who aren't.
> > ...and then there are those who are actually permitted to help out, by
> > receiving information and experiencing cooperation and support.
>
> And here's Branden chiming in promoting his brand of politics.

Feel free to refute the assertion that all one need do to join the
security or archive administration teams is volunteer.

(Just so you don't put words in my mouth, this observation does not mean
that I think just anyone *should* be able to become a member of the
security or archive admin teams; indeed, I think such people should be
vetted first.  That a process is necessary, however, does not mean that
the current process is well-defined, adequate to the task, known to
anyone not already on the teams, or even applied in practice.)

> > The release is not being held up by the developers in general; the
> > release is being held up by a specific set of DPL delegates[1] who are
> > apparently coping with staffing problems and other exigent
> > circumstances, the details of which the corpus of developers are being
> > protected from.
>
> No, the release isn't being held up by any developers, it's being held
> up by the fact that we don't have an adequate security infrastructure.

What part of "exigent circumstances" did you overlook?

> We're fixing that as fast as we can. If there were anything you could do
> to help, you'd be told and given the information to act upon it. There
> simply isn't. When there is you'll know.

"Trust us.  You don't need that information.  Go away."

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Reality is what refuses to go away
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     when I stop believing in it.