Re: Woody release - WHAT is current status

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 08:53:57AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> If I could confidently say that either the buildd or the archive
> components of the new security.debian.org were working, I'd be happy to do
> that too, but I can't, because I'm not yet confident either are working,
> nor am I confident that we haven't overlooked something that's going to
> make finishing it significantly more work.
>
> If what you're looking for is an interesting distraction, then you might
> be interested to know that "accepted autobuilding" and autobuilding of
> woody-proposed-updates are partially/mostly implemented. The former means
> that the autobuilders for most architectures (all but hurd, m68k and arm,
> I believe) will try to build your package half an hour or so after you
> upload it. The latter, when it's more complete than it is now, will give
> us a bunch more flexibility handling the release and has probably been
> long overdue.

Yes, actually, this is what people are looking for, regardless of what
you want to call it. Now if somebody were to give an accurate
description of the problem then people would be able to form their own
opinions about the current state of play.

I don't see why you expected "Everything is fine, but I'm not going to
give any details"[sic] to be interpreted as anything other than
smokescreening.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK