Re: Woody release - WHAT is current status

Anthony Towns <ajt@debian.org> writes:

> And hey, guess what, _nothing's changed_. The problem is still the same.
> The solution is still the same. It's still being worked on. It's still not
> done. There's still nothing particularly interesting for anyone to look
> at.

I think the question (aside from the rather mean way that Eduard Bloch
was putting it) was: what's the status of the work?  Wichert gave, it
seems, an answer to that question.

I think that actually something has certainly changed!  Perhaps before
there was 80% of the work still to be done, and maybe now only 20%
remains.  (I'm making these percentages up, of course.)  That kind of
information is all that I wonder about, and it would be nice to see.

If indeed *nothing* has changed--if *no* progress has been made, then
there's a serious problem!  But I don't think that's actually the
case, I'm pretty sure that something must have changed, because I
trust the people doing the work to actually, well, be doing the work.