Re: Woody release - WHAT is current status

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 02:46:54PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote on Thu May 30, 2002 um 09:33:25PM:
> > There is always an "us" and "rest". There's the people who're knowledgable
> > and motivated enough to fix something and those who aren't.
> There no easy way to help "you".

Sure there is. Shut up and let us finish what we're doing.

Do you really think what you're doing now is helpful? Let me assure you,
it's not. It's demotivating and distracting.

> The only thing I knew about is that they refused to make security
> updates for Testing.

No, they've refused to make security updates for woody, whether it's
testing or stable.

> But Testing is to be released. It will _be_ the
> Stable, so I cannot see where the problem should be? Why is this tasks
> more complicated that building current Stable updates?

Because there are eleven architectures instead of six, which makes it
twice as much as work.

> I cannot _see_ any progress.

That's nice. If there were something I could tell you, I'd love to:
but there isn't: there's nothing you can do, and there's no reliable
indications I can give you on which you can base your own estimate of
when woody'll be ready.

There *really* isn't anything for you to know. Accept it. Live with it
for however much longer it takes, then move on.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif