Re: Quake is GPL

On 99-12-26 Raul Miller wrote:
> > I never said that someone should cripple a package. Stop assuming
> > things that I don't say. And also I'm not talking about censorship.
> > I'm just reminding you that some FTP-Maintainer may stand half in
> > jail because they don't have the f****ng time to go through the whole
> > debian archive for excluding every software that's illegal in their
> > country. We should provide them with a possible solution for excluding
> > such a software, because you can change a government in one day or
> > because some people think they are more important.

> So how about volunteering to contact those ftp maintainers and let
> them know about their governments' laws?

And how has enough knowledge to do this? For example here in Germany you
need to be a lawyer to really understand all the laws and to decide what
you could have on your FTP-Server and what not.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *