Re: Quake is GPL

On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 07:13:37PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > Well, the ftp maintainer and the mirror maintainers would have to to
> > implement any sort of "distributed distribution" solution.  [And, it
> > occurs to me that German sites, if they had problems, could simply exclude
> > from mirroring and package which has the name of a problematic package.]
>
> Yeah but this put's more load on the FTP- and Mirror-Maintainer and I
> think they are not quite happy about this extra load. So why can't we
> use a solution like we did with qmail?

I've tried to be nice in this discussion.  I'm no longer trying.

I WILL NOT CRIPPLE MY QUAKE PACKAGES TO SATISFY THE STUPIDITY INHERENT IN
THE LAWS OF EXACTLY TWO COUNTRIES IN THE ENTIRE WORLD THAT I KNOW OF.  I
CONSIDER THE LAWS THEMSELVES CENSORSHIP AT THEIR CORE AND THEREFORE
MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE.

Is that perhaps a little clearer?

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3