Re: Quake is GPL

On 99-12-23 Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 01:52:32PM +0100, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> > Quake is GPL.
> > Could anybody package new quake?
> > I've got raport glquake also works very well.

> There are many serious bugs in the source.  We need to fix them first but
> as soon as they are and the results work normally (or marginally so) I
> will upload the results for contrib.

Please think about this again, after you read the emails from Eduardo
and Nils. I currently set up a new mirror for Debian in Germany, but if
we will have quake in the debian-archive, I will have to first the
current laws here in germany and then maybe close the FTP-Server just
because it may be illegal to distribute quake and the FTP-Server is
located at the firm, where I work. So plese don't upload software in the
debian-archives, that is/could be illegal in some countries.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *