Re: Quake is GPL

On 99-12-25 Joel Klecker wrote:
> At 23:01 +0100 1999-12-25, Christian Kurz wrote:
> >Even if the situation is different, why can't we use a solution like we
> >did with qmail? I know that the situation is different, but I think it's
> >a reasonable solution for such problems.

> I'm confused; are you saying that quake source is legal in Germany, but
> binaries aren't!? If that's not what you mean, what solution are you
> referring to?

No, I'm not saying that the source or the binaries are legal. I'm only
suggesting that we put a installer package for quake in potato that
should download the source or binaries from a server, which is located
in a location where it's not illegal.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *