Re: Quake is GPL

On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 03:09:33PM -0800, Joel Klecker wrote:
> >Even if the situation is different, why can't we use a solution like we
> >did with qmail? I know that the situation is different, but I think it's
> >a reasonable solution for such problems.
>
> I'm confused; are you saying that quake source is legal in Germany, but
> binaries aren't!? If that's not what you mean, what solution are you
> referring to?

Quake's binaries and its data files would be illegal in Germany because
they contain violent content.

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3

        -- Bill Stilwell, http://linuxtoday.com/stories/8794.html