Re: Quake is GPL

Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> writes:
> Yeah but this put's more load on the FTP- and Mirror-Maintainer and I
> think they are not quite happy about this extra load. So why can't we
> use a solution like we did with qmail?

I think this is a different situation.  With qmail, the license itself
prohibits binary redistribution.  Quake's distribution is only
restricted in certain countries, while qmail's distribution is
restricted in all countries.  The situations are not analogous.

--
Colin Walters <levanti@verbum.org>
http://web.verbum.org/levanti