Re: Quake is GPL

[And again: STOP SENDING ME CCs!]

On 99-12-25 Colin Walters wrote:
> Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> writes:
> > Yeah but this put's more load on the FTP- and Mirror-Maintainer and I
> > think they are not quite happy about this extra load. So why can't we
> > use a solution like we did with qmail?

> I think this is a different situation.  With qmail, the license itself
> prohibits binary redistribution.  Quake's distribution is only
> restricted in certain countries, while qmail's distribution is
> restricted in all countries.  The situations are not analogous.

Even if the situation is different, why can't we use a solution like we
did with qmail? I know that the situation is different, but I think it's
a reasonable solution for such problems.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *