Re: Language and locale setting in /root/dbootstrap_setting

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 12:54, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Philip Blundell]
> > I checked these in.  But, in fact, I suspect this should probably be
> > "de_DE.ISO-8859-15@euro", and similarly for the other EMU countries.
>
> I guess you mean "de_DE@euro.ISO-8859-15"?

Oh, I thought the character set came before the modifier.  But yeah,
whatever works.

Is there really any point in putting the character set into $LANG, by
the way?  It seems to just make the string longer for no real benefit,
given that the charset for each locale is defined by /etc/locale.gen
anyway.

p.