Re: [patch 3/2] m68k: Atari EtherNAT - add writew_be for data push

Hi,

> > Imagine my frustration when my 2.6.27 kernel started spewing IO errors while
>
> I can. :-(

I guessed so.

> > reading from the designated partition. Something's gone dodgy with SCSI
> > again.
>
> Well. That's what I suppose as well.

Looking at the SCSI driver in 2.6.26, it's no surprise - the error handling
update that I did for 2.6.18 is not included in Geert's current 2.6 patch
series. Looks like I botched the patch submission way back when.

> > Installing to IDE will be fine, as long as the SCSI CDROM does not trigger
> > timeouts just because it's slow.
>
> Hmm, perhaps that is the reason why my tries failed? Anyway, I think I
> won't be able to try an installation procedure again until the SCSI
> issues are fixed. Just keep me informed when there is an update available.

I'm pretty sure that is why your installs failed. I will cook up a new patch for
Geert to include with 2.6.28, and that should be easy to backport to Debians
kernel source.