Re: [patch 3/2] m68k: Atari EtherNAT - add writew_be for data push

Hi Michael,

>> Just a little self-comment. Seems that I've been too impatient. Tried it
>> again today and it worked until Linux wants to recognize an ethernet
>> card.
> :-) Well, it would need the network card fopr a net install I guess.

So we are on-topic again. :-)
Yes, you are right. Tried it several times again with different
networking cards (EtherNEC, EtherNAT and NetUsBee) but none of them
worked. It stops at "loading optitude" (6%).

> Looks like we established that running the bootstrap as GEM program is
> somehow fatal, but the real question is why that is? The difference in
> ramdisk load position is minor, really.

Well, don't know why as well (guess you knew that) but it only works
with bootstra.tos instead of bootstra.prg. Perhaps this can be fixed in
the next version of the netinstall iso.

>> I tried it only with EtherNat installed and Linux unfortunately didn't
>> recognize it.
> The EtherNAT patch may not be in the install kernel yet (hey, I only got
> it working a month ago or so).
>> So atm I try the procedure again with my NetUsBee (EtherNEC compatible)
>> installed.
> Hope my last EtherNEC bugfix is included, at least.

Doesn't seem so. So any ideas how to get any of my networking cards
running to continue the installation procedure?

Regards,

Frank