Re: [patch 3/2] m68k: Atari EtherNAT - add writew_be for data push

Hi,

Yes, you are right. Tried it several times again with different
networking cards (EtherNEC, EtherNAT and NetUsBee) but none of them
worked. It stops at "loading optitude" (6%).

That means it got past the point where the EtherNEC load failed previously (right at kernel boot time, before the installer gets started).

Looks like we established that running the bootstrap as GEM program is
somehow fatal, but the real question is why that is? The difference in
ramdisk load position is minor, really.

Well, don't know why as well (guess you knew that) but it only works
with bootstra.tos instead of bootstra.prg. Perhaps this can be fixed in
the next version of the netinstall iso.

The file rename sure can be done in the nect ISO, fixing the cause of the hang may required changes to the bootstrap itself...

So atm I try the procedure again with my NetUsBee (EtherNEC compatible)
installed.
Hope my last EtherNEC bugfix is included, at least.

Doesn't seem so. So any ideas how to get any of my networking cards
running to continue the installation procedure?

Do you get to select any modules at all? That would be the first step to provide a custom built module ...

Can you switch to an alternate console (alt-f2 or ctrl-alt-f2 etc.)? The installer used to log its internal state and progress to one of the consoles (4, or 7, ??), the output there might be helpful.