Re: sudo security Was: Reporting missing package during install

On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 15:33 +0100, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
>  > You need  to inform yourself, to  know that there's a  callback for
>  > the danger to life baby bottle.
>
> Ouch, InsufficentEnglishSkillException! Could you help me please :)

Assumed a baby bottle does poison the milk, because they use bad
synthetic material and assumed there should be a callback, nobody comes
to your home and gives you this information, you need to read the news
or read a notice where you bought the baby bottle.

For Linux distros there usually is information about issues on the
distro's homepage.

If Linux isn't secure enough by the point of view of a user, the user
could take a look at other FLOSS OS, some people consider e.g. FreeBSD
as more secure. There are likely tons of less known FLOSS OS, such as
Plan 9. Debian btw. has got a FreeBSD port too, but I couldn't install
it to VirtualBox for testing, installation failed. I've got a FreeBSD
(not Debian) install (not virtual), but I prefer Linux. However, I never
tested jails and what ever is provided by FreeBSD. For audio work Linux
is better and for audio work security isn't the most important issue.

If a user should disagree with sudo, the user could disable sudo and use
su instead.

"Ubuntu: ancient African word meaning "I can not install Debian"" - from
your signature.

I install *buntu to help newbies and assumed a release of *buntu is ok,
I also use it on my own. The problem with *buntu is, that it fakes, that
a user has not to do that much, that less self-responsibility should be
needed.

Regards,
Ralf