Re: sudo security Was: Reporting missing package during install

Ralf Mardorf writes:
 > On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 14:07 +0100, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
 > > It happens that appliances are called back by manufacturers due safety
 > > issues.
 >
 > Debian and other distros provide security updates _and_ much more
 > important, analog to a product callback, homepages with news about the
 > distro.

I never said Debian does a bad work.

Sometimes  debian  maintainers do  errors  (he  who works  may  fail),
sometimes my opinion is that the  design choice is not good, sometimes
I even wonder  wich kind of mushroom they used  for their 'risotto coi
funghi'.

I think that I switched to Debian more than 10 years ago, and I am
sticking with Debian at least for the most recent HW and the HW I use
to work.

(I could consider another distro for my old iMac lamp, since last
stable is unusable at this time due a problem with the frame buffer
handling during boot).

 > You need  to inform yourself, to  know that there's a  callback for
 > the danger to life baby bottle.

Ouch, InsufficentEnglishSkillException! Could you help me please :)

 > People get informed by the news on all media that Facebook, Google
 > and others p!$s on data protection, they are working together with
 > the NSA, misuse data for marketing, manipulating people. Why are
 > there still users for Google, Facebook and what ever else. A big
 > conspiracy? No, people against one's better judgment continue, they
 > are simply not self-responsible. Linux distros aren't nannies.

Chances are that these messages are not as widespread as you may
suppose. Remember, you quoted two powerful companies and the
transmission intelligence branch of one of the topmost superpower on
the planet. These guys have enough power to "control the media" or
worse.

Do you think that *all* Italians are this [censored] to vote Mr.
Berlusconi for 20 years without understanding how [bunga bunga] he is?

(Hmmm, those who did not vote Berlusconi voted for a left wing that
spent more energies destroying herself than in doing something
sensible... Ouch, all Italians *are* this [censored] :()

 > If Linux should be to insecure for some users, they are free to use
 > another operating system.

This is a stance good for Windows, Mac OS/X, AIX, Solaris...
Free Software MUST be better, especially free software so concerned
with the society to have a strong social contract.

 > Did you already file a bug report about the security issue by sudo?
 > It's useless to continue the discussion. If there should be an
 > issue, sending a bug report with a high priority is what you need
 > to do.

At this time the issue is theoretical and the danger potential.

But there is an even better approach I took... Improve sudo if
possible. I can code, after all.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO